Welcome, Guest Login | Signup | Portfolio | Bookmark | Contact
Markets

Symbol Name
Click for Symbol Help




ArcelorMittal pulls out of Macarthur bid

Financial Times - Oct 25, 2011

ArcelorMittal has pulled out of a $5bn joint bid for Macarthur Coal after deciding that the $1.2bn it was to have spent might have represented a step too far in the light of growing signs of global economic weakness.

The surprise announcement means that Peabody Energy, the US coal business that was ArcelorMittal’s bid partner, will be free to take 100 per cent control of the Australian group.

As a result of the decision, ArcelorMittal will save having to spend $1.2bn in buying a portion of the 84 per cent of the shares in Macarthur that it did not already own. It was to have done this through a joint bid vehicle with Peabody in which it had a 40 per cent stake, leaving the US coal group with 60 per cent.

The Luxembourg-based steel company, the world’s biggest in terms of output, stands to gain about $700m through selling its existing 16 per stake in Macarthur to Peabody.

Read Full Article from Financial Times

- Posted: 2011-10-25 11:23:06


 More Stock Investor Place Company News  
Alibaba's Jack Ma Is Moving On, With an IPO Looming
Pfizer’s Possible Unit Shuffle Triggers Breakup Concern
Lululemon Raises 4th-Quarter Guidance But Misses Expectations; Shares Down
Dell Shares Surge After Report of Possible Buyout
ARMZ Seeks Rest of Uranium One for $1.3 Billion; Won’t Raise Bid

 Stock Investor Place Company News Archive
January 2013
December 2012
November 2012
October 2012
September 2012
August 2012
July 2012
June 2012
May 2012
April 2012
March 2012
February 2012
January 2012
December 2011
November 2011
October 2011
September 2011
August 2011
July 2011
June 2011
May 2011
April 2011
March 2011
February 2011
January 2011
December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
July 2010
June 2010
May 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010
December 2009
November 2009
October 2009
September 2009
August 2009
July 2009
June 2009
May 2009
April 2009
March 2009
February 2009
January 2009
December 2008
November 2008
October 2008
September 2008
August 2008
July 2008
June 2008
May 2008















Featured Companies | My Place | News | Markets | Big Board | Blogs | Products & Services

Copyright 2019 Stock Investor Place Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Advertise